Who can apply for Unmarried Partners Applications?
If you are an overseas national and have lived together under one roof, with a British Citizen or a person having settled status (ILR) or Refugee leave or Humanitarian Protection leave in the UK, in a relationship akin to marriage and wish to join your partner in the UK, you need to apply for entry clearance (overseas) or leave to remain (in country) in order to obtain Unmarried partner visa in the UK. There are several requirements that need to be met to qualify for this visa and even a minor mistake or absence of a necessary document may result in the refusal of the application.
What are the Requirements for Unmarried Partners Applications?
The applicant and his sponsor needs to provide evidences that both of them are above 18 years of age, are not within prohibited degree of relationship, have met in person, are in a genuine and subsisting relationship, and intend to live together permanently. The applicant and his / her partner also needs to provide evidence of the fact that they have lived at least 2 years under one roof, in a relationship akin to marriage.
- The applicant and his / her sponsor must provide evidence of having earned at least £18,600 in the last 12 months plus an additional £3800 for the first child and an additional £2400 for each additional child (if children are also applying to come with the applicant). This amount can be earned through employment / self employment of the partner in the UK or through one of the following specified sources of incomes.
- They may also use their savings that have been maintained for over 6 months` period. The first £16000 of savings are not counted while the rest of the balance needs to be divided by 2.5 to come up with a figure that can be used towards fulfilling the requirement of £18,600.
- They may also use their specified pension income.
- They may also make use of maternity allowance or bereavement income received by the partner of the applicant, in the UK.
Exemption from meeting the Financial requirements in Spouse Visa Applications
If the applicant’s partner is in receipt of one or more of the following:
– Disability Living Allowance
– Severe Disablement Allowance
– Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit
– Attendance Allowance
– Carer`s Allowance
– Personal Independence Payment
If the Applicant falls under one of the above listed categories then the applicant does not need to provide any specific level of earnings and will need to provide evidences of having adequate funds for the maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds.
In addition the funds for maintenance, the applicant`s partner also needs to provide evidence confirming that there is adequate accommodation available for the applicant`s residence.
English Language Requirements:
Unless, exempt due to being over 65 years of age, disability (physical or mental or other exceptional circumstances, the applicant also needs to provide evidence that he either:
– Has passed an approved English language test at A1 level
– Is a national of one of the specified English speaking countries?
– Has passed Bachelors or Masters or PHD degree which was taught in English.
Once the application is approved, the applicant is given entry clearance for 33 months or leave to remain for 30 months
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you with you Unmarried Partner Application?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the applications for Unmarried Partners. Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Umarried partner application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Unmarried Partners Applications and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their Unmarried Partners Applications. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.