We often get a lot of queries from people asking us to arrange work visas for the UK. There is a common misconception among people that if they enter the UK, they can look for appropriate jobs there. This might be the case for some Middle Eastern countries; however, if you wish to migrate to the UK the system is quite different.
According to the UK Visa Bureau’s website “Tier 2 work permits are applied by employees who are coming to the UK to fill a vacant position that cannot be filled by a British citizen and who have confirmed sponsorship from a licensed UK employer”.
Therefore, in order to qualify under this category you must already have an offer letter from a genuine employer in the United Kingdom. The employer must show that there is a legitimate requirement for a person to fill the intended role. The job must be advertised nationally and the employer must show that they were unable to find a suitable candidate within EEA. As for the employee he/she must be qualified and have the necessary skills and experience to fulfill the vacant position. You as an employee would be assessed on the UKBA’s (Home Office) Tier 2 point based system and must meet all the requirements in order to qualify for a Tier 2 work permit for the UK.
- Skilled Workers The Tier 2 skilled worker category caters to individuals who have a specific skilled job offer in the UK.
- Intra-Company Transfers The Intra-company transfer category includes skilled workers who are transferred to the UK by an international company having a branch or head office in the UK.
- Sports Person This category is for elite professional athletes, coaches and physical fitness trainers.
- Minister of Religion: This category is for Ministers of Religion who belong to a bona fide religion can apply under this category.
Before you apply for a Tier 2 visa (work permit) you must satisfy the following requirements.
- You should have received a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from your employer.
- You must pass the point-based assessment (English language skills, maintenance) of the Home Office (previously UK Border Agency).
If you apply for Tier 2 work permits visa it is good to know the following things
UK Work Permits & Permanent Residency
If you live and work in the UK for five years on a work permit you can qualify for permanent residency provided you fulfill all the requirements, meaning you can have Indefinite Leave to remain in UK. The five year period can be followed by British Naturalization as a citizen of the United Kingdom.
Change of Employment
If during your employment for any reason you wish to change your employer, you will be required to get a new Certificate of Sponsorship, which can only be issued by a licensed employer. At this point you would also have to undergo a reassessment for the current points test. You would need to meet the similar requirements of having a valid CoS (issued after completing the labour market test), English language and maintenance.
How We Can Help You?
If you have a work opportunity in the UK and want to apply for Tier 2 work permits we can help you in the following ways.
- Assessment of Your Circumstances From our experience we know that every case is different. We shall assess the job description of the position on offer, your qualifications and advise accordingly.
- Documentation After we do a comprehensive assessment of your circumstances, we will guide about the full details of documents required in order to prepare and submit a complete and successful Tier 2 visa (work permit) application.
- Preparation and Submission of Your Application Once you provide us with all the documents our designated case manager will prepare and submit the application for you under the relevant immigration rules.
- Liaison with the Home office: After the successful submission of your Tier 2 visa (work permit) application we will monitor your application closely. We will keep you updated about every step of the process. At times the Home office might ask for additional documents or information, if the need arises we will inform you right away and mange any such requests.
We understand United Kingdom is one of the most popular immigration destinations of the world, but it has a very restrictive immigration system. The system makes applying for the work permit quite tedious. Sometimes the applications are rejected due to very minute errors. We know the first-hand stress involved in the process and are here to answer any queries you may have regarding Tier 2 UK visa (work permit) applications.