Tier 1 (Investor)
This is the investment category of the point based system that allows the applicant and his / her family members (spouse / partner and children under 18 years of age) to enter / remain in the UK on the basis of his investment and thereafter make an application for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
The minimum investment required is £2 million which needs to be invested in the UK economy within 3 months from the date of leave to enter / leave to remain in the UK. The applicants can use the own funds
Initial Application/ Requirements for Tier 1 Investors
We can advise and represent our clients in making their initial application which can be made either from overseas or from inside the UK depending on the factor whether he / she is eligible to switch to this category or not.
The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has access to at least £2 million under his own control in a regulated financial institution, which is disposable in the UK.
Furthermore, the applicant is required to have an bank account with a UK regulated bank for the purposes of investing not less than £2 million in the UK.
The initial leave (visa) is granted for a three year and four months` time period that can be extended for a further two years from within the UK. Once the applicant maintains at least £2 million of investment, he and his family members become eligible for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK upon completion of 5 years. This time period can be reduced to three or two years if the investor maintains the investments for at least £5 million or £10 million respectively.
Requirements for Tier 1 (Investor) extension application under the rules prior to 6th November 2014
– The Applicant must show he has access to a minimum of £1 million in the UK.
Can use personal assets which taking into account any liabilities to which they are subject, have a value of not less than £2 million and have money under your control and disposable in the UK amounting to not less than £1 million which has been loaned to you by a UK regulated financial institution.
Additionally the Applicant must show that they have invested not less than £750,000 of their capital in the UK by way of UK Government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies other than those principally engaged in property investment; and have invested the remaining balance of £1 million in the UK by the purchase of assets or by maintaining the money on deposit in a UK regulated financial institution.
Have made the investment referred to above:
i) within 3 months of entry into the UK, if you were granted entry clearance as a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant and there is evidence to establish your date of arrival to the UK,
ii) within 3 months of the date of the grant of entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant,
iii) where the investment was made prior to the first grant of leave as a Tier 1 (Investor), no earlier than 12 months before the date of the application which led to the first grant of leave as a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant
Requirements for Tier 1 Investor visa extension application under the rules after 6th November 2014
- The Applicant must show that he/she has invested minimum £2 million in the UK by way of UK Government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
- You must show that the above-stated investment was made within 3 months of your entry to the UK or within 3 months of the date of the grant of entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant
- You must show that you have maintained your investment to the specified level throughout your leave
- You must score at least 75 points for the above-mentioned attributes (Appendix A of the Immigration Rules). Please note, you will not be awarded any points if the money were invested into the business which is engaged in property development or property management.
If you satisfy all of the above-stated requirements you will be given a further 2 years extension after which you might be in the position to apply for a settlement.
Settlement application for Tier 1 Investors
The qualifying period for settlement depends on the amount invested:
- £10 million allows you to apply for settlement in 2 years
- £5 million allows you to apply for settlement in 3 years
- £2 million allows you to apply for settlement in 5 years
Ability to communicate in English language is an essential and necessary part of the whole point based system but Tier 1 Investor migrants or his / her dependants have been exempted from taking any language tests.
As the migrant and his / her dependants will be high net worth individuals, they would not be required to provide any evidence of having funds for their maintenance in the UK.
Administrative Review / Judicial Review
Refusal of Tier 1 Investor (Entry Clearance) Application
If the entry clearance application is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the visa officer. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
Refusal of Tier 1 Investor (Leave to remain) Application
If the leave to remain application is refused by the Home office, the applicant is be given a right of administrative review of the decision that must be exercised within 14 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the home office. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in applying for Tier 1 Investor Visa?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with Tier 1 Investor Visa Applications.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Tier 1 Investor Visa under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for Tier 1 Investor Visa and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated immigration matters including lodging Judicial review or obtaining injunction orders from the High Court.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
You can contact us at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Or in emergency we can be contacted at 07817897184