If you are an overseas national and have sole responsibility or right of access to your child or who is a British citizen or settled in the UK, you can make your entry clearance or leave to remain application to come or remain in the UK. There are several requirements that need to be met to qualify for this visa and even a minor mistake or absence of a necessary document may result in the refusal of the application.
The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the UK to exercise access rights to a child resident in the United Kingdom are that:
- The applicant is the parent of a child who is resident in the United Kingdom
- The parent or carer with whom the child permanently resides is resident in the United Kingdom
- The applicant intends to take an active role in the child's upbringing
- The child is under the age of 18
- There will be sufficient accommodation for the candidate and any dependents without recourse to public funds in accommodation which the candidate owns or occupies absolutely
- The applicant will be able to sustain himself and any dependants sufficiently without recourse to public funds
- The applicant holds a valid UK entry clearance for entry in this ability
The applicant must be above 18 years of age and his child must be under 18 years of age. The child must be a British citizen or settled in the UK. The applicant must have either sole parental responsibility of the child or right of access to the child. In addition to that the applicant needs to provide evidences that he / she is taking and intends to continue taking an active role in the upbringing of the child.
The applicant needs to provide evidences that the applicant and his / her dependents (if any) would be maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds.
Unless, exempt due to being over 65 years of age, disability (physical or mental or other exceptional circumstances, the applicant also needs to provide evidence that he either:
- Has passed an approved English language test at A1 level
- Is a national of one of the specified English speaking countries
- Has passed Bachelors or Masters or PHD degree which was taught in English
Once the application is approved, the applicant is given entry clearance for 33 months or leave to remain for 30 months.
Our Immigration Solicitors can expeditiously deal with your immigration matters by advising on the merits of visa applications, required documentation and relevant procedures.
Mr. Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Our Immigration Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your immigration matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers:
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss the details about your immigration matter, assessing the merits and advise you on the law, procedure and other requirements for the whole process.
- Our immigration solicitors shall keep you updated on the progress of your immigration matters and advise on any procedures involved and give time estimates and merits throughout the pendency of your immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors shall also advise on alternative immigration options where you may be eligible to switch into which may be more beneficial.
- Our immigration solicitors are based in central London (EC2Y 9ST) and are therefore based in convenient access of clients from all over London and even from outside London.
- Our immigration solicitors are specialist immigration solicitors who are able to handle all types of immigration work including entry clearance applications, further leave to remain applications, Indefinite Leave to remain applications, Immigration Appeals, Judicial Reviews, EEA applications, Settled and Pre-settled applications, Immigration bail applications and other complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors are one of the best immigration solicitors in London as several of our clients have stated in their reviews of our services.
- Our immigration solicitors have teamed up with the best immigration barristers in and outside London who are immigration specialists and well equipped to represent our clients in any complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors charge on an agreed basis (except Judicial Review matters) which is competitive and never surprise you for any other hidden fees or costs involved.
Our Immigration Solicitors are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you will be in safe hands.