Residence Cards

EEA Residence Cards

Who can apply for EEA Residence card?

An EEA residence card is issued to the family members of EEA nationals who exercise their treaty rights in one of the following ways:

  • Working in the UK on PAYE basis
  • Working as self-employed person
  • Being self-sufficient and maintaining comprehensive sickness insurance
  • Studying in the UK and maintaining comprehensive sickness insurance

The applicant and his EEA family member need to provide documentary evidences of the genuineness of relationship, of the fact that the EEA national is genuinely exercising treaty rights and the original identity documents, in support of the application. Once approved, the EEA residence card is issued for a maximum of five years` time. EEA Residence card holders get full rights of working in the UK and can apply for permanent residence upon completing five years of residence in accordance with the EEA regulations provided their EEA national family member continues to exercise their treaty rights in the UK.

Immediate Family Members

Following persons are considered as immediate family members of the EEA national:

  • Spouse / Civil Partner
  • Children under 21 years of age [including step / adopted children]
  • Dependent in the ascending line i.e. parents / grandparents of the EEA national or of his / her spouse / civil partner [They need to be financially dependent on the EEA national]/

 Extended family members

  • Children above 21 years of age
  • Siblings
  • Cousins
  • Aunts
  • Uncles
  • Unmarried partners

The difference in both of these categories is that the immediate family members have got right to reside in the UK on the basis of their EEA national`s exercising his / her treaty rights in the UK while the extended family member have to meet a more strict criteria of prior residence with the EEA national out of the UK, financial dependency and other requirements.

Prior legal residence in the UK is not a requirement of this application and as such any one residing in the UK is able to make an application to obtain residence card, provided he can provide all the necessary documentary evidences to establish the relationship and the fact that his EEA national family member continues to exercise his / her treaty rights in the UK.

It is important to note that even a small mistake / omission may result in refusal or rejection of the residence card application or dismissal of the appeal / judicial review claim, resulting in making it even more complex. It is therefore strongly advised to take professional representation and leave this matter in our capable hands.

How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in making an application for EEA Residence Card?

Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the applications for EEA Residence card.

Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your EEA Residence card application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;

  • We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
  • Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
  • Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
  • Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your application for EEA Residence card and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
  • Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated the Immigration Appeal matters.
  • It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
  • Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
  • We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.

At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their applications for Residence Card.  We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.