Point Based System Dependents Visa
Where the introduction of Point based System has created several complications, it has made some simplifications as well. A point-based migrant may invite his / her spouse / civil partner / unmarried partner and children under 18 years of age, to come and join him as his dependents.
There are however several requirements that need to be met to qualify for this visa and even a minor mistake or absence of a necessary document may result in the refusal of the application.
Who can apply for Point Based System Dependents Visa?
You can apply for limited leave to remain as a PBS Dependent:
- if you are the family member of a person with, or applying for, leave under Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5 of the Points Based System;
- if you are the spouse or partner of a person with indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship who last held leave in Tier 1, 2, or 5 of the Points Based System and you do not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain; or
- if you are the child of a person with indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship who last held leave in Tier 1, 2, or 5 of the Points Based System and your other parent does not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain whereby you last held leave as PBS Dependent granted on or after 9 July 2012.
Please note all Tier 1 and Tier 2 migrants (except short term ICT migrants) can invite their dependents to come and join them in the UK. There are some categories of Tier 5 migrants as well, who can sponsor their dependents.
Requirements for Tier 4 Migrants to Sponsor Their Dependents
For family members of Tier 4, there are special rules as only following Tier 4 migrants are allowed to have their dependents in the UK:
- All Govt. Sponsored students who have been given leave under Tier 4 to study a course, longer than 6 months.
- Those Tier 4 migrants who are students of a recognized body or those Tier 4 Sponsors who are in receipt of funding as a higher educational institute and are studying a course at post graduate level and the course is for a duration of 12 months or longer.
What are the Requirements for Point Based System Dependents Visa?
Genuineness & Subsistence of Relationship:
The ECOs are very keen in looking for some documentary evidences relating to genuineness and subsistence of relationship, as just the marriage certificate confirms the relationship alone. So, it is quite important to provide all the possible documents confirming the subsistence of the relationship.
There are no maintenance requirements for the applicants who wish to join their sponsors (main point-based migrants) who are on Tier 1 Investor or Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa. The rest of the migrants` family members need to provide evidence that they or their sponsor have maintained specific level of funds for at least 90 days` period.
There are special rules for family members of Tier 4 migrants as the level of funds required depend on two factors i.e.
- Whether the sponsor (main PBS migrant) is studying inside London or outside London; and
- Whether the sponsor (main PBS migrant) is an established student or not.
And also, the funds need to be maintained for a maximum of 28 days instead of 90 days.
The dependents are generally allowed to take any employment or engage in self-employment activities except working as doctor in training or professional sports person or coach.
Once the application is approved, the applicant is given entry clearance or further leave to remain till the expiry of leave to remain of the main applicant or for 3 years if the main applicant has already acquired ILR or British Citizenship.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in your Dependent Visa Application under Point Based System?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the Visa Application for Point Based System Dependents. Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your PBS application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
– We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
– Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
– Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
– Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Point Based System Dependents Visa Application and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
– It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
– Our fees are competitive, and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
– We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their applications for Visa for Point Based System Dependents. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.