Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) replaces the working holiday scheme and gives an opportunity to the nationals certain countries to come and experience life in the UK. They will be allowed to take any employment [except working as doctor / dentist in training or as sportsperson or sports coach] and will also be permitted to engage in self-employed activities provided they comply with certain conditions.
The applicants will be required to successfully claim 50 points in total i.e. 40 points under attributes and 10 points for maintenance.
Who can apply for Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) Visa?
If you intend to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years and you are between the age of 18 to 30.
You have £1,890 in savings and you have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries which we will discuss below.
Requirements for the Applicant in Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)
The applicant can claim 30 points under this section for being:
- A national of Canada
- A national of Japan
- A national of Australia
- A national of New Zealand
- A national of Monaco
- A national of Taiwan
- A national of South Korea
- A national of Hong Kong
- A British Overseas Citizen
- A British Overseas Territories Citizen
- A British National Overseas
Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Monaco and Taiwan are the countries with deemed sponsorship status and the nationals of these countries do not require Certificate of Sponsorship in order to apply for entry clearance. In fact they may apply for anywhere in the world to seek entry clearance under Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) provided they fulfill the criteria and the applications are within the limit of the allocation awarded for each year. South Korea and Hong Kong are the countries who do not enjoy this status and they need to issue Certificate of Sponsorship to their nationals who could then make their entry clearance applications. who may issue Sponsorship certificate to their nationals. The number of CoS that could be issued depends on the allocation awarded to each of those countries.
The applicant will also get 10 points for being over the age of 18 years and less than 31 years of age.
Maintenance Requirements for the Applicant in Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)
The applicant will require providing evidence of having at least £1890 at the date of entry clearance application which will give him 10 points under this section.
Validity of Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme)
Your visa is valid for up to 24 months. You can enter the UK at any time while your visa is valid, and leave and come back at any time during your stay.
One should bear in mind if they turn 31 while they are in the UK, they can stay for as long their visa is valid.
NO Indefinite leave to Remain for Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) category
This immigration category does NOT lead to permanent settlement and the applicant will be required to leave the UK upon expiry of the leave to enter.
Refusal of Entry Clearance in Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)
If the entry clearance application is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the visa officer. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in applying for Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) Applications. Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated Bail application matters including lodging Judicial review or obtaining injunction orders from the High Court.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
You can contact us at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Or in emergency we can be contacted at 07817897184.