Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
Who can apply for a Tier 4 General Student Visa?
One can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if he/she is over the 16 and has enrolled on a course. The Applicant must have enough money to support him/herself financially and be able to pay for the course fees.
The Requirements for the English Language Course
The course must meet the following requirements
- A Full-time course which leads to a qualification that is at least level 6 on the Ofqual register
- A part-time course leading to a qualification that is at least level 7 on the Ofqual register.
- An overseas course of degree level study equivalent to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
- A full-time course which consists of at least 15 hours per week of organized daytime study and must be at least level 3 on the Ofqual register.
- A recognized foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist
Degree / Post Graduation Courses
Those students, who wish to complete their degree level or above education will be able to stay in the UK for maximum period of 5 years. (there are exceptions for certain courses). They must also meet the English language criteria i.e. competency at level B2. Only those students who are studying at public funded further education establishments will be able to work in the UK (max. 20 hours per week during term time).
Initial Applications for Tier 4 General Student Visa
We can advise and represent our clients in making their initial application which can be made either from overseas or from inside the UK depending on the factor whether he / she is eligible to switch to this category or not. The applicant needs to claim 40 points in total by having a valid CAS from a licensed educational establishment and having sufficient funds for maintenance and tuition fee.
Extension Applications for Tier 4 General Student Visa
This is an application made by those who are already has leave under this category and would like to extend their stay in the UK in order to complete their studies or to commence a new course. They need to claim 40 points in total successfully in order to obtain further leave to remain (extension of visa) while making sure the rest of the requirements are met as well.
Maintenance Requirements for Tier 4 General Student Visa
The migrant and his / her dependants will also be required to provide evidences of having funds for their maintenance. The amount of funds will depend on the location of the educational establishment. This will give 10 points to the main applicant.
Progress in Studies
It has become an essential requirement for all leave to remain applications to provide evidence about progress in their previous studies. Lack of such information in CAS may result in the refusal of application.
Validity of Tier 4 General Students Visa
A Tier 4 migrant may stay in the UK for a maximum of 3 years studying below degree level courses and a further five years studying degree level or post graduate level course.
Dependants of Tier 4 General Student Visa
Only the Govt sponsored students or those who are doing their graduate or post graduate studies (i.e. NQF level 7 or above) which are of at least 12 months` duration, will be able to sponsor their dependants (i.e. spouse / unmarried partners / civil partner / children under 18 years of age). The dependants will be able to work in the UK.
Refusal of Entry Clearance of Tier 4 G Application
If the Tier 4 (General) application (entry clearance) is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the visa officer. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
Refusal of Leave to Remain made under Tier 4 (G)
If the further leave to remain application is refused by the UKVI, the applicant is granted with a right of administrative review which must be exercised within 14 days of the date you receive the decision.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in applying for Tier 4 General Student Visa?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with Tier 4 General Student Visa Applications
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Tier 4 General Student Visa under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for Tier 4 General Student Visa and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated immigration matters including lodging Judicial review or obtaining injunction orders from the High Court.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
You can contact us at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Or in emergency we can be contacted at 07817897184