One can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if he is over the 16 and has enrolled on a course to study at an educational established who has issued Certificate of Acceptant (CAS) to support his Tier 4 visa application. The Applicant must have enough money to support himself financially and be able to pay for the course fees.
The course must meet the following requirements:
- A Full-time course which leads to a qualification that is at least level 6 on the Ofqual register
- A part-time course leading to a qualification that is at least level 7 on the Ofqual register.
- An overseas course of degree level study equivalent to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
- A full-time course which consists of at least 15 hours per week of organized daytime study and must be at least level 3 on the Ofqual register.
- A recognized foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist
Those students, who wish to complete their degree level or above education will be able to stay in the UK for maximum period of 5 years. (there are exceptions for certain courses). They must also meet the English language criteria i.e. competency at level B2. Only those students who are studying at public funded further education establishments will be able to work in the UK (max. 20 hours per week during term time).
We can advise and represent our clients in making their initial application which can be made either from overseas or from inside the UK depending on the factor whether he / she is eligible to switch to this category or not. The applicant needs to claim 40 points in total by having a valid CAS from a licensed educational establishment and having sufficient funds for maintenance and tuition fee.
This is an application made by those who are already has leave under this category and would like to extend their stay in the UK in order to complete their studies or to commence a new course. They need to claim 40 points in total successfully in order to obtain further leave to remain (extension of visa) while making sure the rest of the requirements are met as well.
The Tier 4 migrant and his / her dependants will also be required to provide evidences of having funds for their maintenance. The amount of funds will depend on the location of the educational establishment. This will give 10 points to the main applicant.
It has become an essential requirement for all leave to remain applications to provide evidence about progress in their previous studies. Lack of such information in CAS may result in the refusal of application.
A Tier 4 migrant may stay in the UK for a maximum of 3 years studying below degree level courses and a further five years studying degree level or post graduate level course.
Only the Govt. sponsored students or those who are doing their graduate or post graduate studies (i.e. NQF level 7 or above) which are of at least 12 months` duration, will be able to sponsor their dependants (i.e. spouse / unmarried partners / civil partner / children under 18 years of age). The dependants will be able to work in the UK.
If the Tier 4 (General) visa application (entry clearance) is refused by the Entry Clearance Officer (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the visa officer. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
If the further leave to remain application is refused by the Home office, the applicant is granted with a right of administrative review which must be exercised within 14 days of the date you receive the decision.
Our Immigration Solicitors can expeditiously deal with your immigration matters by advising on the merits of visa applications, required documentation and relevant procedures.
Mr. Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Our Immigration Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your immigration matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers:
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss the details about your immigration matter, assessing the merits and advise you on the law, procedure and other requirements for the whole process.
- Our immigration solicitors shall keep you updated on the progress of your immigration matters and advise on any procedures involved and give time estimates and merits throughout the pendency of your immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors shall also advise on alternative immigration options where you may be eligible to switch into which may be more beneficial.
- Our immigration solicitors are based in central London (EC2Y 9ST) and are therefore based in convenient access of clients from all over London and even from outside London.
- Our immigration solicitors are specialist immigration solicitors who are able to handle all types of immigration work including entry clearance applications, further leave to remain applications, Indefinite Leave to remain applications, Immigration Appeals, Judicial Reviews, EEA applications, Settled and Pre-settled applications, Immigration bail applications and other complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors are one of the best immigration solicitors in London as several of our clients have stated in their reviews of our services.
- Our immigration solicitors have teamed up with the best immigration barristers in and outside London who are immigration specialists and well equipped to represent our clients in any complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors charge on an agreed basis (except Judicial Review matters) which is competitive and never surprise you for any other hidden fees or costs involved.
Our Immigration Solicitors are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and once in contact, be assured that you will be in safe hands.