A Tier 4 (child) visa applicant can apply to seek entry clearance to do a course in line with the national curriculum or national qualification framework.
We can advise and represent our clients in making their initial application which can only be made from overseas. The applicant needs to claim 40 points in total by having a valid CAS from a licensed educational establishment and having sufficient funds for maintenance and tuition fee.
Tier 4 (child) migrants may also extend their stay in the UK in order to complete their studies or to commence a new course. They need to claim 40 points in total successfully in order to obtain further leave to remain (extension of visa) while making sure the rest of the requirements are met as well.
In order to apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have be enrolled on a course and have the consent of your parent or guardian
- You can support yourself financially in the UK and can pay for your course fees and living costs
It is necessary to have suitable arrangements for the care and accommodation of the child unless the application is either 16 or 17 years of age and can stay independently. A suitable care arrangement includes having a close relative living in the UK who consents for taking care or having one of the parents applying at the same time for entry clearance as “Parent of child at school” (only if the child is aged 12 years or less).
The maximum duration that a child (4-15 years) can study in the UK under Tier 4 (child) is up to 6 years. While for minors aged 16-17 years, it is up to 3 years.
If the entry clearance application made under Tier 4 (Child) is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post, the applicant will be given a right of administrative review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the visa officer. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
If the further leave to remain application made under Tier 4 (Child) is refused by the Home Office, the applicant is granted with a right of administrative review which must be exercised within 14 days of the date you receive the decision.
Our Immigration Solicitors can expeditiously deal with your immigration matters by advising on the merits of visa applications, required documentation and relevant procedures.
Mr. Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Our Immigration Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your immigration matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers:
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss the details about your immigration matter, assessing the merits and advise you on the law, procedure and other requirements for the whole process.
- Our immigration solicitors shall keep you updated on the progress of your immigration matters and advise on any procedures involved and give time estimates and merits throughout the pendency of your immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors shall also advise on alternative immigration options where you may be eligible to switch into which may be more beneficial.
- Our immigration solicitors are based in central London (EC2Y 9ST) and are therefore based in convenient access of clients from all over London and even from outside London.
- Our immigration solicitors are specialist immigration solicitors who are able to handle all types of immigration work including entry clearance applications, further leave to remain applications, Indefinite Leave to remain applications, Immigration Appeals, Judicial Reviews, EEA applications, Settled and Pre-settled applications, Immigration bail applications and other complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors are one of the best immigration solicitors in London as several of our clients have stated in their reviews of our services.
- Our immigration solicitors have teamed up with the best immigration barristers in and outside London who are immigration specialists and well equipped to represent our clients in any complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors charge on an agreed basis (except Judicial Review matters) which is competitive and never surprise you for any other hidden fees or costs involved.
Our Immigration Solicitors are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and once in contact, be assured that you will be in safe hands.