Tier 2 (Sports person) is for elite sportsperson or coach whose employment in the UK will make a significant contribution to the development of the specific sport at the highest level.
In order for a Certificate of Sponsorship to be issued to the prospective Tier 2 (Sportsperson) migrant, the UK based employer [i.e. sponsor] will need to obtain an endorsement for the applicant from the appropriate governing body for the relevant sport of the application. The endorsement should confirm that the application is an internationally established player or a sports coach and will make a significant contribution to the development of the relevant sports at the highest level in the UK and also that the position cannot be filled by a suitable resident worker.
Validity of Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa
One can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa for up to 3 years. The Applicant can apply to extend this visa for up to another 3 years to a maximum stay of 6 years.
Indefinite leave to Remain
This immigration category leads to settlement upon completion of 5 years of residence in the UK and applicants can make their application together with any dependants provided that the employer certifies that the applicant is still required for the job.
Dependents of Tier 2 Sports person
Tier 2 migrants are allowed to invite their spouses / partners and children under 18 years of age to join them as their dependents and they may also qualify for ILR upon completion of the required period of time. The dependents will be able to work in the UK.
Requirements for Tier 2 Dependents
Each dependent must have access to at least £630 available to them at the time of their application. Each dependent must have access to £630 funds, this is in addition to the £945 the applicant requires for his or her maintenance.
Refusal of Entry Clearance
If the entry clearance application is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the visa officer. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
Refusal of Leave to Remain
If the further leave to remain application is refused by the UKBA, the applicant is granted right of review of the decision that must be within 14 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the Home office. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in applying for Tier 2 (Sports Person)?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with Tier 2 (Sports Person) Applications
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Tier 2 (Sports Person) Visa Application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for Tier 2 (Sports Person) and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated Bail application matters including lodging Judicial review or obtaining injunction orders from the High Court.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
You can contact us at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Or in emergency we can be contacted at 07817897184