Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) is for those who undertake preaching and pastoral work, missionary or are member of a religious order and have a job offer for a role within their faith community in the UK.
The UK based sponsor [i.e. religious establishment] may issue sponsorship certificate for an overseas national and will need to confirm the details of the job description, remuneration and provide an explanation of how the role passes the resident labour market test.
Once the sponsor [i.e. UK based licensed Employer] issues the sponsorship certificate including all the relevant details, and the applicant is then required to make his entry clearance application or leave to remain, if already in the UK and is able to switch into this sub category of Tier 2 (Minister of Religion).
English Language Requirements
- The applicant scores 10 points for being a national of one of the English speaking Countries
- or having completed UK Bachelors level qualification in one of the English Speaking countries
- or having passed an approved English language test at CFER level B2
Maintenance requirements in Tier 2 (Religious Minister)
You must have £945 in your bank account for 90 days before the date you apply for maintenance purposes. This requirement may also be met if the sponsor certifies the applicant for maintenance purposes whilst issuing CoS i.e. Certificate of Sponsorship.
Validity of Tier 2 (Religious Minister) Visa
You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa for a maximum of up to 3 years and 1 month, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter.
Indefinite leave to Remain
Upon completion of 5 years of residence in the UK, the Tier 2 (Religious Minister) may apply for Indefinite leave to remain provided he meets the relevant criteria.
Cooling Off Period in Tier 2 Religious Minister Visa Applications
The migrants, who had entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 2 Religious Minister, are required to wait for at least 12 months of time, before they can apply for another term of employment upon completing their maximum allowable residence or leaving the UK earlier. This cooling off period is not applicable in certain cases.
Requirements for Tier 2 Dependents
Tier 2 Religious Minister Migrants are allowed to invite their spouses / partners and children less than 18 years of age to join them as their dependants and would have permission to work.
Each dependent must have access to at least £630 available to them at the time of their application which is in addition to the £945 the applicant must have to support her/himself.
Refusal of Entry Clearance
If the entry clearance application is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the visa officer. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
Refusal of Leave to Remain
If the further leave to remain application is refused by the UKVI, the applicant is granted right of administrative review of the decision that must be within 14 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the Home office. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in applying for Tier 2 (Religious Minister)?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with Tier 2 Religious Minister Application.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Tier 2 (Religious Minister) Application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for Tier 2 Religious Minister Visa and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated Bail application matters including lodging Judicial review or obtaining injunction orders from the High Court.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
You can contact us at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Or in emergency we can be contacted at 07817897184