Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa caters for those who are internationally recognized world leaders or has world leading talent in the fields of science, humanities, engineering or arts and who wish to work in their respective professional fields, in the UK.
All the applicants will require endorsement of being such a person having exceptional talent, by the relevant designated body and will be able to claim 75 points for such endorsement.
English Language: No requirement of providing evidence of competence in English language in initial application or further leave to remain applications. The applicants however would need to provide evidences of his competency in English language for their ILR application at the minimum level of CEFR B1 or by providing evidence of nationality of one of the English speaking countries or by having completed academic qualifications equivalent to at least UK bachelor’s degree from one of the English speaking countries.
Maintenance: No requirement of providing evidence of availability of funds for both initial and extension applications or even Indefinite leave to remain applications.
Successful applicants will be given leave to enter for a period of 3 years and 4 months which can be extended for a period of further 2 years. In come cases, the successful applicants may also be granted upto 5 years of leave depending on the endorsement granted by the designated bodies.
- Switching: Only the following applicants would be able to switch from their existing immigration category to leave to remain under Tier 1 Exceptional Talent :
- Tier 1 migrants
- Tier 2 Migrants
- Tier 5 (Tmeporary Worker) if the applicant is sponsored in the Govt. Authorized Exchange Sub category.
- Annual Limit: Only 2000 applicants will be given entry clearance or further leave to remain for the first year out of which 1000 would be allocated to the following designated competent bodies while the remaining 1000 would be unallocated and shall be used in accordance with the relevant immigration rules:
- 250 endorsements to The Arts Council for the purpose of endorsing applicants with exceptional talent in the fields of arts and culture;
- 250 endorsements to The Royal Society for the purpose of endorsing applicants with exceptional talent in the fields of natural sciences and medical science research;
- 150 endorsements to The Royal Academy of Engineering for the purpose of endorsing applicants with exceptional talent in the field of engineering; and
- 150 endorsements to The British Academy for the purpose of endorsing applicants with exceptional talent in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
- 200 endorsements to Tech City UK for the purpose of endorsing applicants with exceptional talent in the field of digital technology.
Indefinite leave to Remain: Once the applicant completes 5 years of residence under this category, he / she can make application for ILR, provided all other requirements are met.
- Work Permissions: The main applicant will require working in his specific professional field either in employment or in self-employment or in both. The dependants will be given permission to work as well. They would however be not allowed to work as a Trainee doctor / dentist.
- Administrative Review / Judicial Review
Refusal of Entry Clearance
If the entry clearance application is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the visa officer. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
Refusal of Leave to remain Application or Indefinite Leave to remain Application
If the leave to remain or Indefinite leave to remain application is refused by the Home office, the applicant is be given a right of administrative review of the decision that must be exercised within 14 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decision made by the home office. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in applying for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa Applications.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated immigration matters including lodging Judicial review or obtaining injunction orders from the High Court.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
You can contact us at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Or in emergency we can be contacted at 07817897184