The applicants may be able to get a Permitted Paid Engagement visa if they have been invited to the UK as an expert in their profession. Applicants can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement visa if they:
- Are invited by a UK-based organisation or client
- Are coming to the UK to do specific paid work without having to be sponsored under the points-based visa system
- meet the other eligibility requirements
The applicants can be invited by a UK-based organisation or client to undertake the following activities:
- be a student examiner or assessor
- take part in selection panels as a highly qualified academic if you’re invited by an education, arts or research organisation
- give lectures at a higher education institution, as long as it’s not a part-time or full-time role
- examine UK-based pilots so they meet the standards of the country you come from if you’re invited by an approved UK training organisation regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority
- provide advocacy in a particular area of law
- take part in arts, entertainment or sporting activities including broadcasting
- take part in fashion modelling assignments
- minor activities related to your work or business overseas, e.g. attend meetings.
However the applicants cannot undertake following activities under this category:
- do specific paid work unrelated to their main job or area of expertise at home or sell merchandise, other than what’s allowed by their visa
- extend this visa or switch to another visa
- live in the UK for extended periods
- get public funds
- study for more than 30 days – studying can’t be the main reason for your visit
- marry or give notice of marriage
- family members must apply separately
If the applicants wish to do work that is not permitted under this category they may be able to come to the UK under the points-based system.
The Applicants must provide a formal invitation to undertake the pre-arranged engagement, and show that the engagement relates to them.
No Right of Appeal
There is no right of appeal against the refusal of a UK Visitor Visa application. However there is nothing to be worried about as the refusal can still be challenged by way of a Judicial Review in the Upper Tribunal of the Asylum and Immigration Chamber.
Judicial Review against refusal of visitors undertaking Permitted Paid Engagement application
An application for permission to apply for Judicial Review must be lodged in in the Upper Tribunal of the Asylum and Immigration Chamber within 90 days of the date of the refusal of the application. A pre-action protocol is served on the Entry Clearance Officer or the Home Office before initiating a Judicial Review application.
How our Immigration Lawyers can help you with visitors undertaking Permitted Paid Engagement applications?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with all types of UK Visitor visa applications. Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your application for UK Visitor visa to undertake permitted paid engagements, under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, in south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website and on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your UK visitor visa application to undertake Permitted Paid Engagement in length and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated Immigration matter.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you will be in safe hands.