Prior to 09 July 2012, the applicants were able to make an application on the basis of the fact they had established private and family life in the UK through the course of their residence, work, having children in the UK and having strong connections with this country. The applications were usually made under Article 8 of the Human Rights Act 1998.
From 09th of July 2012, the home office has categorised such cases and brought these matters to be considered under the immigration rules. Now, in order to make any application on the basis that the applicant has a child who is either a British citizen or has lived at least 7 years of his life in the UK, the application must be able to fulfil the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.
Factors to be considered
The home office considers the following factors while make a decision on an application made on the basis of having a British citizen child or a child who has spent at least 7 years of his life in the UK:
- Does the applicant have a parental relationship of the applicant with the child?
- Is the relationship genuine and subsisting?
- Is the child a British citizen or has the child lived continuously in the UK for 7 years?
- Will the consequences of the refusal of the application be that that child is required to leave the UK?
- Would it be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK?
Having children who have spent 7 years of life in the UK does not automatically make the applicants eligible for this visa and it is really important to make best possible case for the application to be granted. We urge our clients to provide all the background information, all the possible relevant documents allowing us to advise and make appropriate representation. On that basis, we have had several such applications approved without the home office asking for any further information or documents.
The applicant needs to make sure that he fulfills all the requirements of this application and is able to provide the relevant documentary evidences confirming the same. We discuss in detail about the background information of each and every case, advise our clients about the relevant documents, complete the application and draft our detailed representations in support of such cases, as it is really important to have all aspects of this visa application addressed fully.
If approved, the applicant will be given 30 months of leave on 10 years route, which means that he would need to apply for extension of his leave to remain for at least 3 more times in order to complete 10 years of legal and continuous residence in the UK.
This is a complex part of immigration law and we strongly advise to seek professional help from.
If initial application has been approved, the applicant will need to apply for extension of his visa for another 30 months which is granted on the same basis. Such applications may also be made using UK Visa premium service.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in your Parent of Child Visa Application?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the applications for Parent of Child Visa Application.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Parent of Child Visa Application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Parent of Child Visa Application and advise you on the required documents and procedure .
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their applications for Parent of Child Visa Application. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.