In Immigration matters a Judicial Review JR is the most effective remedy where no alternative remedy is available e.g. the Home Office has not granted a right of appeal or administrative review or statutory right of administrative review has been exhausted etc. The Applicant can challenge the original and any subsequent decision within 90 days from the date of the refusal on form T480 UTIAC Judicial Review Claim Form. Generally, the first step being a Pre-Action protocol letter is issued to the Home Office before initiating Judicial Review JR process in the Upper Tribunal. After the Pre Action protocol has been served on to the Home Office and you do not agree with the response from the Home Office or Home Office has not responded to your Pre- action; we can issue a claim form in the Upper Tribunal for permission to apply for Judicial Review. Initially the Upper Tribunal UTIAC shall decide on papers applications for (permission to bring) judicial review against decisions of the Home Office i.e. Secretary of State for the Home Department, entry clearance officers ECOs and others official acting on behalf of Home Office.
If judicial review permission application has been refused on papers, the applicant can make an application for renewal of permission for Judicial Review JR within 9 days. This application for the permission shall be decided at a court hearing. Should the permission application is granted at either stage; the Judicial Review JR will be listed for substantive hearing. On the other hand should the permission to apply for Judicial Review JR is refused and permission to appeal to court of appeal is also refused by the Upper Tribunal; an application can then be made to the Court of Appeal for permission to appeal to the Court of Appeal against the both orders of the Upper Tribunal refusing permission to apply for Judicial Review.
Following are some of the circumstances when a permission to apply for Judicial Review application in the Upper Tribunal UTIAC JR proceedings may be lodged against the decision of the Home Office, UKBA:
- The Home Office refuses application for leave to remain (visa extension or variation of leave to remain application) without a right of appeal.
- The Home Office cancels or revokes leave to remain or entry clearance without a right of appeal
- The Secretary of State Home department refuses to exercise her discretion (outside immigration rules).
- The Entry Clearance Officer (visa officer) in British Diplomatic post overseas / British High Commission / British Embassy refuses entry clearance visa application without a right of appeal or right to administrative review or administrative review has been exuahsted.
- The Home Office refuses application for British citizenship.
- The Home Office refuses an application for sponsorship license to employ overseas workers or recruit overseas students
- The Home Office revokes sponsorship license of an existing license holder business
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with Judicial Review application in the Upper Tribunal. Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your application for Home Office Public Enquiry Office (PEO) for Same Day Visa Service, under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, in south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Judicial Review Matter in length and advise you on the required documents and procedure of your JR matter to the Upper Tribunal or the High Court, previously known as UKBA.
- In the light of your consultation with Immigration Solicitors our Immigration Lawyers in London shall prepare your application form and make detailed representations on a covering letter on your behalf explaining your case efficiently and diligently to relevant Home Office UKBA. This may enhance your chances of success of your Home Office Public Enquiry Office (PEO) for Same Day Visa Service.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated Immigration matter including Immigration or EEA application to the Home Office, appeal to the Immigration and Asylum Chambers (IAC), High Court, Court of Appeal and Judicial Review applications in the UK.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.