Spouse Visa / Civil Partner
If you are overseas national and married to a British Citizen or a person having settled status (ILR) or Refugee leave or Humanitarian Protection leave in the UK, you need to apply for entry clearance (overseas) or leave to remain (in country) order to obtain UK spouse visa. There are several requirements that need to be met to qualify for the UK spouse visa and even a minor mistake or absence of a necessary document may result in the refusal of the application.
What are the requirements for UK Spouse Visa Application?
The applicant and his sponsor need to provide evidence that both of them are above 18 years of age, are not within the prohibited degree of relationship, have met in person, are in a genuine and subsisting relationship, and intend to live together permanently.
- The applicant and his / her sponsor must provide evidence of having earned at least £18,600 in the last 12 months plus an additional £3800 for the first child and an additional £2400 for each additional child (if children are also applying to come with the applicant). This amount can earn through employment/self-employment of the partner in the UK or through one of the following specified sources of incomes.
- They may use savings that have maintained for over 6 months period. First £16000 of savings are not counted while rest of balance needs to divide by 2.5 to come up with a figure that can use towards fulfilling the requirement of £18,600.
They may also use their specified pension income.
They may also make use of maternity allowance or bereavement income received by the partner of the applicant, in the UK.
Other specified income of the applicant or his / her partner.
Exemption from Financial requirements in UK Spouse Visa Application ?
If the applicant’s partner is in receipt of one or more of the following:
– Disability Living Allowance
– Severe Disablement Allowance
– Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit
– Attendance Allowance
– Carer`s Allowance
– Personal Independence Payment
Then the applicant does not need to provide any specific level of earnings and will need to provide evidence of having adequate funds for the maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds.
In addition the funds for maintenance. The applicant partner also needs to provide evidence confirming that there is adequate accommodation available for the applicant’s residence.
English Language Requirements:
Unless, exempt due to being over 65 years of age, disability (physical or mental or other exceptional circumstances, the applicant also needs to provide evidence that he either:
– Has passed an approved English language test at A1 level
– Is a national of one of the specified English speaking countries.
– Has passed Bachelors or Masters or Ph.D. degree which taught in English.
Once the application approved, the applicant is given entry clearance for 33 months or leave to remain 30 months
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you with your Spouse Visa Application?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the applications for UK Spouse Visa.
Mr. Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London. Who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003? Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with the best possible Immigration advice/consultation. Accordingly shall prepare your UK Spouse visa application under the direct supervision of Mr. Chauhan. After the consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
– We registered with the Information Commissioner ‘s Office (ICO) for data protection. This means that your information is securely confidential with Chauhan Solicitors.
– Our immigration office is located in Wandsworth (SW17), northwest of London, near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway station on the northern route. Furthermore, Our immigration attorneys are located within 20 minutes by tube from central London.
– Clients believe that we provided them value for money. They can trust with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications, etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
UK Spouse Visa Application
– Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for UK Spouse Visa and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
– It will be our aim to keep posted at all material times during the pendency of your matter. For this, our Clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
– Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on an agreed fee basis.
– We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their applications for UK Spouse Visa. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.