Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement) is the first goal of all immigrants which makes them free of all sorts of immigration control, work or study restrictions, residence restrictions, and also entitles them to take public funds. Here we will discuss about applying for ILR on the basis of having completed the required time period and compliance with the relevant immigration rules.
How can Unmarried Partners apply for settlement?
If you have got visa as an unmarried partner of a British citizen or someone having ILR, and have completed 2 or 5 years (subject to the date of their initial application of unmarried partner visa) on this visa, you can make your ILR application.
The applicants need to provide evidences that he / she continues to meet the suitability / eligibility criteria and also fulfil other requirements. There are several requirements that need to be met to qualify for this visa and even a minor mistake or absence of a necessary document may result in the refusal of the application.
After How long can the Unmarried Partners apply for settlement?
1) Time frame for Applications Prior to 09th July 2012
The applicant will need to reside in the UK for at least 2 years which start from the date when he / she first entered the UK or first granted leave to remain. They can however make their applications 28 days before completing their 2 years in the UK. This is the case for those who entered the UK or given leave on the basis of rules in place before 09th of July 2012.
2) Time frame for Applications after 09th July 2012
For those, who obtained leave on the basis of rules in place on or after 09th of July 2012, they need to complete 5 years of residence and also fulfil all the criteria given regarding suitability, eligibility, financial requirements and other more stringent rules.
Absences from the UK
The maximum number of absences allowed is 3 months in a year. Any periods of longer absences need to be properly explained.
The applicants are not allowed to add time spent on one any immigration categories.
- The applicant and his / her sponsor must provide evidence of having earned at least £18,600 in the last 12 months plus an additional £3800 for the first child and an additional £2400 for each additional child (if children are also applying to come with the applicant). This amount can be earned through employment / self employment of the partner in the UK or through one of the following specified sources of incomes.
- They may also use their savings that have been maintained for over 6 months` period. The first £16000 of savings are not counted while the rest of the balance needs to be divided by 2.5 to come up with a figure that can be used towards fulfilling the requirement of £18,600.
- They may also use their specified pension income.
- They may also make use of maternity allowance or bereavement income received by the partner of the applicant, in the UK.
Exemption from meeting the financial requirements in Spouse Visa Applications
If the applicant’s partner is in receipt of one or more of the following:
– Disability Living Allowance
– Severe Disablement Allowance
– Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit
– Attendance Allowance
– Carer`s Allowance
– Personal Independence Payment
If the Applicant falls under one of the above listed categories then the applicant does not need to provide any specific level of earnings and will need to provide evidences of having adequate funds for the maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds.
In addition the funds for maintenance, the applicant`s partner also needs to provide evidence confirming that there is adequate accommodation available for the applicant`s residence.
English Language Requirements:
Unless, exempt due to being over 65 years of age, disability (physical or mental or other exceptional circumstances, the applicant also needs to provide evidence that he either:
– Has passed an approved English language test at B1 level
– Is a national of one of the specified English speaking countries?
– Has passed Bachelors or Masters or PHD degree which was taught in English.
ILR Same Day Services
We can arrange for same day service for this application and represent our clients in getting their ILR expeditiously, by making sure that all requirements are met and making appropriate representations.
ILR Super Premium Service
We can also arrange for super premium service for this application where the Home office team comes to our office to capture biometric details of the applicants and the application is then decided within 24 hours.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help the Unmarried Partners to apply for ILR?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the applications for ILR. Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your ILR application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your application for ILR and advise you on the required documents and procedure .
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their ILR Applications. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.