Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement) is the first goal of all immigrants which makes them free of all sorts of immigration control, work or study restrictions, residence restrictions, and also entitles them to take public funds. Here we will discuss about applying for ILR on the basis of having completed the required time period and compliance with the relevant immigration rules, having Discretionary Leave to remain.
Discretionary Leave is granted outside the Immigration Rules in accordance with Home Office policy. It must not be granted where a person qualifies for asylum or humanitarian protection (HP) or for family or private life reasons.
The applicant will need to complete at least 6 years on DLR to become eligible for ILR on that basis. The time starts from the date of issuance of first Discretionary leave to remain in the UK and any time taken to obtain second leave would be taken into account as well. The ILR application can therefore be made 28 days before completing 6 years on DLR in the UK.
For those, who were given Discretionary leave to remain in the UK after 09th of July 2012 would only be able to apply for ILR once they complete 10 years of residence in the UK.
For those applicants who are eligible to apply for ILR after completing 6 years on Discretionary leave to remain, the maximum number of absences allowed is 3 months in a year. Any periods of longer absences need to be properly explained.
The applicants are not allowed to add time spent on one any immigration categories.
For those applicants who are eligible to apply for ILR after completing 10 years on Discretionary leave to remain, the maximum number of absences allowed is 18 months in total. Any periods of longer absences need to be properly explained.
All dependents who were given DLR along with the main applicant initially will also be eligible for ILR at the same time.
Super Priority service is also available for initial and extension applications and the applicants generally receive the decisions within 24 hours. We have dome numerous applications successfully using super priority service and rightly placed to advise and represent our clients who are eligible for initial or extension application on such basis.
Our Immigration Solicitors can expeditiously deal with your immigration matters by advising on the merits of visa applications, required documentation and relevant procedures.
Mr. Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Our Immigration Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your immigration matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers:
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss the details about your immigration matter, assessing the merits and advise you on the law, procedure and other requirements for the whole process.
- Our immigration solicitors shall keep you updated on the progress of your immigration matters and advise on any procedures involved and give time estimates and merits throughout the pendency of your immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors shall also advise on alternative immigration options where you may be eligible to switch into which may be more beneficial.
- Our immigration solicitors are based in central London (EC2Y 9ST) and are therefore based in convenient access of clients from all over London and even from outside London.
- Our immigration solicitors are specialist immigration solicitors who are able to handle all types of immigration work including entry clearance applications, further leave to remain applications, Indefinite Leave to remain applications, Immigration Appeals, Judicial Reviews, EEA applications, Settled and Pre-settled applications, Immigration bail applications and other complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors are one of the best immigration solicitors in London as several of our clients have stated in their reviews of our services.
- Our immigration solicitors have teamed up with the best immigration barristers in and outside London who are immigration specialists and well equipped to represent our clients in any complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors charge on an agreed basis (except Judicial Review matters) which is competitive and never surprise you for any other hidden fees or costs involved.
Our Immigration Solicitors are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and once in contact, be assured that you will be in safe hands.