ILR – for Persons having Discretionary Leave To Remain
Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement) is the first goal of all immigrants which makes them free of all sorts of immigration control, work or study restrictions, residence restrictions, and also entitles them to take public funds. Here we will discuss about applying for ILR on the basis of having completed the required time period and compliance with the relevant immigration rules, having Discretionary Leave to remain.
What is Discretionary Leave To Remain?
Discretionary Leave is granted outside the Immigration Rules in accordance with Home Office policy. It must not be granted where a person qualifies for asylum or humanitarian protection (HP) or for family or private life reasons.
After How long can you apply for settlement?
1) Time frame for Persons having DLR prior to 09th July 2012
The applicant will need to complete at least 6 years on DLR to become eligible for ILR on that basis. The time starts from the date of issuance of first Discretionary leave to remain in the UK and any time taken to obtain second leave would be taken into account as well. The ILR application can therefore be made 28 days before completing 6 years on DLR in the UK.
2) Time frame for Persons having DLR after 09th July 2012
For those, who were given Discretionary leave to remain in the UK after 09th of July 2012 would only be able to apply for ILR once they complete 10 years of residence in the UK.
Absences from the UK
For those applicants who are eligible to apply for ILR after completing 6 years on Discretionary leave to remain, the maximum number of absences allowed is 3 months in a year. Any periods of longer absences need to be properly explained.
The applicants are not allowed to add time spent on one any immigration categories.
For those applicants who are eligible to apply for ILR after completing 10 years on Discretionary leave to remain, the maximum number of absences allowed is 18 months in total. Any periods of longer absences need to be properly explained.
All dependents who were given DLR along with the main applicant initially will also be eligible for ILR at the same time.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you to apply for ILR after completing the relevant period of Discretionary leave to remain?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the applications for ILR on Discretionary leave to remain basis.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your ILR application matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
– We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
– Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
– Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
– Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your application for ILR and advise you on the required documents and procedure .
– It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
– Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
– We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their ILR Applications. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.