ILR for Point Based System Dependents
In many cases, the main applicant is eligible for indefinite leave to remain in the UK upon completing 5 years in the UK (they may be eligible to apply for ILR earlier in some cases using the accelerated route) and often the dependents may also become eligible for ILR at the same time. It however depends on the date when the dependents were granted first leave to join the main applicant to assess whether they qualify for ILR with the main applicant or they would need further leave to remain for another period of time in order to complete their 5 years of residence.
Five years of residence is therefore mandatory requirement for the dependents to be eligible for ILR.
If at the time when the main applicant applies for his ILR, the dependent has not completed 5 years of residence on dependent visa, they would need to apply for further leave to remain on the same basis. Once approved they would be given 3 years of leave to remain and upon completion of a total of 5 years they would be able to apply for ILR in their own right, provided they are able to fulfil the relevant requirements. The main applicant may proceed to become British citizen while his dependent still has leave to remain as dependent.
Requirements for ILR for PBS Dependents
Following are the requirements for the dependents who wish to make their ILR applications:
- The dependent must have or have last been granted leave as dependent of the main applicant who has already been given ILR or is making ILR application at the same time or has become British citizen.
- The dependent and the main applicant must have been living together in the UK in a marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, for at least five years.
- The dependent must not have been absent from the UK for more than 180 days during any 12 month period in the continuous period. There are a few exceptions as well of this requirement.
- The marriage or civil partnership or relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, must be genuine and subsisting at the time the application is made.
- The dependent and the main applicant must intend to live permanently with the other as their spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner.
Knowledge of English Language & Sufficient Knowledge about Life in the UK
The applicants are required to provide evidence of the above which is at present fulfilled by passing life in the UK test and they would additionally be required to provide evidence of ability to communicate in English language at level B1.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in your ILR application on the basis of completing 5 years on PBS Dependent Visa?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the ILR application on the basis of completing 5 years on PBS Dependent Visa.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your ILR under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
– We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
– Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
– Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
– Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your ILR Application and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
– It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
– Our fees are competitive, and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
– We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their ILR applications. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.