In the unfortunate event of the death of the settled partner, the spouse / civil partner or unmarried partner of the deceased settled person, is able to make his application for Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK.
Due to the particular compassionate circumstances of these cases, there are not very extensive list of requirements for this application
Only the following individuals may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain on the basis of a being a bereaved partner:
- Unmarried partner of a person settled in the UK who died during the pendency of the applicant’s leave as unmarried partner
- Civil partner of a person settled in the UK who died during the pendency of the applicant’s leave as civil partner
- Spouse of a person settled in the UK who had died during the pendency of the applicant’s leave as spouse
- Any dependent children of the above
The immigration rules do not apply to the following:
- the spouse, unmarried partner or registered civil partner of a sponsor who has only limited leave to enter or remain in the UK
- fiancé or fiancées or proposed civil partners
- people seeking asylum in the UK
It is not necessary for the applicant to have valid leave to remain in the UK at the time of making Indefinite Leave to Remain application as a Bereaved partner due to the compassionate circumstances involved. The home office will however consider the reason of delay in making this application to assess whether that affects the credibility of any documents provided with the application.
The applicants are exempt from both these requirements.
We can arrange for super Priority service for this application and represent our clients in getting their Indefinite leave to remain expeditiously, by making sure that all requirements are met and making appropriate representations.
Our Immigration Solicitors can expeditiously deal with your immigration matters by advising on the merits of visa applications, required documentation and relevant procedures.
Mr. Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Our Immigration Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your immigration matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers:
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss the details about your immigration matter, assessing the merits and advise you on the law, procedure and other requirements for the whole process.
- Our immigration solicitors shall keep you updated on the progress of your immigration matters and advise on any procedures involved and give time estimates and merits throughout the pendency of your immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors shall also advise on alternative immigration options where you may be eligible to switch into which may be more beneficial.
- Our immigration solicitors are based in central London (EC2Y 9ST) and are therefore based in convenient access of clients from all over London and even from outside London.
- Our immigration solicitors are specialist immigration solicitors who are able to handle all types of immigration work including entry clearance applications, further leave to remain applications, Indefinite Leave to remain applications, Immigration Appeals, Judicial Reviews, EEA applications, Settled and Pre-settled applications, Immigration bail applications and other complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors are one of the best immigration solicitors in London as several of our clients have stated in their reviews of our services.
- Our immigration solicitors have teamed up with the best immigration barristers in and outside London who are immigration specialists and well equipped to represent our clients in any complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors charge on an agreed basis (except Judicial Review matters) which is competitive and never surprise you for any other hidden fees or costs involved.
Our Immigration Solicitors are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you will be in safe hands.