In the unfortunate event of the death of the settled partner, the spouse / civil partner or unmarried partner of the deceased settled person, is able to make his / her application for settlement in the UK.
Due to the particular compassionate circumstances of these cases, there are not very extensive list of requirements for this application.
Who can apply for ILR as a Bereaved Partner?
Only the following individuals may apply for ILR on the basis of a being a bereaved partner
- Unmarried partner of a person settled in the UK who died during the pendency of the applicant’s leave as unmarried partner.
- Civil partner of a person settled in the UK who died during the pendency of the applicant’s leave as civil partner.
- Spouse of a person settled in the UK who had died during the pendency of the applicant’s leave as spouse.
- Any dependent children of the above
The rules do not apply to the following:
- the spouse, unmarried partner or registered civil partner of a sponsor who has only limited leave to enter or remain in the UK
- fiancé or fiancées or proposed civil partners
- people seeking asylum in the UK
Out of Time Applications
It is not necessary for the applicant to have valid leave to remain in the UK at the time of making ILR application as a Bereaved partner due to the compassionate circumstances involved. The home office will however consider the reason of delay in making this application to assess whether that affects the credibility of any documents provided with the application.
Life in the UK Test or English Language
The applicants are exempt from both these requirements.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you to apply for ILR as a bereaved partner?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the applications for ILR. Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your ILR application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
– We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
– Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
– Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
– Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your application for ILR and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
– It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
– Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
– We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their ILR Applications. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.