This immigration category is for the individuals who wish to sponsor their domestic workers to come and work for them in the UK on a short term basis. There are however several requirements that need to be met before an initial entry clearance application can be made.
This category allows either:
- UK or EEA nationals who are based outside the UK and do not intend to stay in the UK for more than 6 months, to bring their domestic workers for short stay
- Or foreign nationals who wish to come to the UK together with their overseas domestic workers, for short visits
We can advise and represent our clients in making their initial applications which can only be made from overseas as switching is not permitted under the immigration rules. As now all of the British Diplomatic Posts support online applications, we can advise and represent our clients completely while sitting in London. This is a non-point based system application and the applicant needs to fulfill certain requirements including prior employment as a domestic worker with the same employer and other standard requirements.
There are two categories of extension applications i.e. for those who have been issued entry clearance on the basis of rules in place before 06 April 2012 and for those who were issued entry clearance as domestic workers after this date. As in former category, the applicants are able to extend their visas for 12 months on several occasions and can also apply for ILR upon completion of 5 years in the UK. While in the latter category, the applicants can only stay in the UK for a maximum of 6 months and they would not be issued with extension of visas beyond this time period.
- Work Permissions for Domestic Workers: The domestic worker will only be able to work as a household worker for his / her employer. He will not be allowed to take any employment with anyone else and also cannot be self-employed.
- Dependents of Domestic Workers: Only those domestic workers are allowed to invite their partners and children less than 18 years of age, to join them as dependents, who were given entry clearance under these rules in place before 05 April 2012. The dependents of those domestic workers will be free to take any employment or engage in self-employment activities.
- Indefinite leave to Remain for Domestic Workers: The domestic workers, who were issued with entry clearance on the basis of rules in place on or before 05 of April 2012, can apply for ILR upon completion of five years of residence in the UK. Their dependent family members will also become eligible for ILR with the main applicant.
- Change of Employers: The domestic workers can change their employers at any time but need to make a fresh application to seek permission from the Home Office.
- English Language: There is no requirement of ability to communicate in English language for domestic workers but they still need to pass Life in the UK test and English language B1 level test at the time of making their ILR application upon completion of 5 years of residence in the UK.
- Maintenance for Domestic workers: The main applicant and his / her dependents need to fulfil the standard requirements of maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds.
Our Immigration Solicitors can expeditiously deal with your immigration matters by advising on the merits of visa applications, required documentation and relevant procedures.
Mr. Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Our Immigration Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your immigration matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers:
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss the details about your immigration matter, assessing the merits and advise you on the law, procedure and other requirements for the whole process.
- Our immigration solicitors shall keep you updated on the progress of your immigration matters and advise on any procedures involved and give time estimates and merits throughout the pendency of your immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors shall also advise on alternative immigration options where you may be eligible to switch into which may be more beneficial.
- Our immigration solicitors are based in central London (EC2Y 9ST) and are therefore based in convenient access of clients from all over London and even from outside London.
- Our immigration solicitors are specialist immigration solicitors who are able to handle all types of immigration work including entry clearance applications, further leave to remain applications, Indefinite Leave to remain applications, Immigration Appeals, Judicial Reviews, EEA applications, Settled and Pre-settled applications, Immigration bail applications and other complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors are one of the best immigration solicitors in London as several of our clients have stated in their reviews of our services.
- Our immigration solicitors have teamed up with the best immigration barristers in and outside London who are immigration specialists and well equipped to represent our clients in any complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors charge on an agreed basis (except Judicial Review matters) which is competitive and never surprise you for any other hidden fees or costs involved.
Our Immigration Solicitors are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you will be in safe hands.