This immigration category is for the individuals who wish to sponsor their domestic workers to come and work for them in the UK on a short term basis. There are however several requirements that need to be met before an initial entry clearance application can be made.
This category allows either;
- UK or EEA nationals who are based outside the UK and do not intend to stay in the UK for more than 6 months, to bring their domestic workers for short stay
- Or foreign nationals who wish to come to the UK together with their overseas domestic workers, for short visits.
Entry Clearance Application as a Domestic Worker: We can advise and represent our clients in making their initial applications which can only be made from overseas as switching is not permitted under the immigration rules. As most of the British Diplomatic Posts support online applications, we can advise and represent our clients completely while sitting in London. This is a non-point based system application and the applicant needs to fulfill certain requirements including prior employment as a domestic worker with the same employer and other standard requirements.
Extension Applications: There are two categories of extension applications i.e. for those who have been issued entry clearance on the basis of rules in place before 06 April 2012 and for those who were issued entry clearance as domestic workers after this date. As in former category, the applicants are able to extend their visas for 12 months on several occasions and can also apply for ILR upon completion of 5 years in the UK. While in the latter category, the applicants can only stay in the UK for a maximum of 6 months and they would not be issued with extension of visas beyond this time period.
- Work Permissions: The domestic worker will only be able to work as a household worker for his / her employer. He will not be allowed to take any employment with anyone else and also cannot be self-employed.
- Dependents: Only those domestic workers are allowed to invite their partners and children less than 18 years of age, to join them as dependents, who were given entry clearance under these rules in place before 05 April 2012. The dependents will be free to take any employment or engage in self-employment activities.
- Indefinite leave to Remain: The domestic workers, who were issued with entry clearance on the basis of rules in place on or before 05 of April 2012, can apply for ILR upon completion of five years of residence in the UK. Their family members will also become eligible for ILR with the main applicant.
- Change of Employers: The domestic workers can change their employers at any time but need to make a fresh application to seek permission from the Home Office.
- English Language: There is no requirement of ability to communicate in English language for domestic workers but they still need to pass Life in the UK test at the time of making their ILR application upon completion of 5 years of residence in the UK. From 28th of Oct. 2013, they would also be required to take an additional English language test at level B1.
- Maintenance: The main applicant and his / her dependants need to fulfil the standard requirements of maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you to apply for Domestic Worker Visa?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the Domestic worker visa application.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Domestic worker visa application under direct supervision of Mr. Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
– We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
– Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
– Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
– Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Domestic worker visa application and advice you on the requested documents and procedure.
– It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
– Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
– We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their Domestic worker visa Applications. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands