If you have a business or are a religious or sports establishment or and wish to sponsor overseas migrants to work on a temporary or long term contract, you need to obtain sponsor license from the UKVI. This is a permission from the UKVI to the UK establishment to be able to sponsor overseas migrants under the point based system.
The UK establishment needs to provide evidences of physical and trading existence of the business / religious establishment and are also required to maintain certain set of HR policies in order to make a successful application.
The UKBA may also visit the business premises to see whether the documents provided truly reflect the nature and the extent of the business and whether the UK establishment have got HR policies in place or not. If they are happy with all the paperwork and are satisfied with the HR policies, they can approve the application for a sponsor licence.
Once approved, they can either give an A – rated licence or a B – rated licence.
A-Category: This is issued when the UKVI finds everything in perfect order and place and are satisfied with the UK establishment`s HR policies. Once this is issued, the UK establishment can make application to sponsor overseas workers.
B-Category: This is issued when the UKVI is generally satisfied that all the requirements are being met but has got concerns about some minor issues. This is a temporary stage and the UK establishment is required to follow a certain plan of actions to upgrade to category A. The issuance of a B category licence is generally followed by an approved plan of action for that particular UK establishment, that needs to be followed in order to be upgraded to A – category.
A sponsorship licence does not mean that the UK establishment can start employing or recruiting the overseas migrants straight away. The licence in fact makes the UK establishments eligible to apply for sponsorship certificates.
- Duration of Licence: The licence is issued for a period of four years and it has to be renewed upon completion of four years, if the UK establishment continues to employ / recruit overseas workers.
- Duration of the Process: If all the process goes well, it takes an average time of about 8-10 weeks for the UKVI to give their decision.
- Suspension of Sponsorship License Application: The Home office may often visit the business premises to check the company’s compliance with the requirements and if they find out any discrepancies in the records or are not satisfied with the HR procedures and policies, they may suspend the sponsorship license of the company. A suspension letter is issued and the company is generally given 20 working days to respond to any queries or concerns raised in the suspension letter. It is really important to seek legal help at this stage as it is often difficult to understand the legal jargon available on the UKVI website relating to the sponsorship license procedure. We have handled a number of such matters and have been able to get relief to our clients.
- Judicial Review: A refusal of sponsorship licence application does not attract full rights of appeal and the applicant (i.e. UK establishment) has either to lodge a fresh application by addressing the issues raised by the UKVI or if dissatisfied with the decision may lodge Judicial review proceedings against the decision.
How our Immigration Lawyers can help you with application for Sponsorship License Application?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with application for Sponsorship License Application. Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your application for application for Sponsorship License Application under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London SW near Tooting Bec and Tooting Broadway Tube Stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices.
- Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and past clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s reviews in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your application for Sponsorship License Application in length and advise you on the required documents and procedure of your application for Sponsorship License application to the Home Office.
- In the light of your consultation with Immigration Solicitors our Immigration Lawyers in London shall prepare your application form and make detailed representations on a covering letter on your behalf explaining your case efficiently and diligently to relevant Home Office. This may enhance your chances of success of the Company’s Sponsorship License Application.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated Immigration matter including Immigration or EEA application to the Home Office, Administrative Review to the Home Office, appeal to the Immigration and Asylum Chambers (IAC), High Court, Court of Appeal and Judicial Review applications in the UK.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.