Representatives of Overseas Business – Sole Representatives
This immigration category is for the already established businesses based overseas, who intend to send one of their senior employees to either open a branch office in the UK or a wholly owned subsidiary of the overseas business
There are no restrictions on the nature of businesses that could sponsor one of their employees to come to the UK in order to open a branch office or a wholly owned subsidiary.
In fact, for any business based overseas wishing to extend their setup in the EEA market and plan to open their business in the UK, we can help realize their proposed business venture and have got good experience in dealing in such applications.
The applicants need to apply to be the sole representative in the UK of an overseas employer who intends to establish a commercial presence by operating a registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK and that branch or subsidiary will operate in the same type of business activity as the overseas business.
The applicant needs to provide documentary evidences to establish:
- That he is recruited and employed outside the UK by the employer they intend to represent in the UK
- That he intends to work full time for the parent company and does not not intend to take any other employment
- That he is applying to be the sole representative in the UK of an overseas employer who intends to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK and that branch or subsidiary will operate in the same type of business activity as the overseas business
- That he is not the majority shareholder of the parent company
- That he is a senior employee of the overseas company have full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the overseas business for the purpose of representing it in the UK.
- That he will be able to maintain and accommodate and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
- That he meets the required standard in English language
Number of Sole Representatives
Immigration rules allow only one Sole representatives of the overseas company, any other employees would require work visa under Tier 2 arrangements.
English Language Requirement
Unless the applicant is a national of a majority English speaking country or has at least Bachelors degree from English speaking country, he or she needs to provide evidence that he / she has passed an approved English language test at A1 level .
Further Leave to remain
Sole representatives of overseas employer may apply for extension of their visas provided they can establish that:
- They only intend to work for the same employer in the same job as their entry clearance was granted for
- They can maintain and accommodate themselves and their dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
- They are still required by the employer for the same position.
- They have fully complied with the immigration rules during their residence in the UK as Sole Representatives of Overseas Business.
For extension applications, we recommend to have a detailed advice right from the beginning instead of panicking in the last month of the expiry of visas.
Validity of Visa
Entry clearance is granted for a maximum of three years which can be extended for another two years while remaining in the UK provided the applicant is able to meet the extension requirements of this visa category.
Indefinite Leave To Remain Application
Upon completion of 5 years in the UK on this category the applicant may apply for ILR provided he fulfils the relevant requirements of the immigration rules which are:
- The applicant has been in the UK on this visa for a continuous period of five years
- The applicant complied with the immigration rules and requirements throughout those five years
- The parent company still requires the applicant’s services
- Life in the UK test
- English language B1 certificate (if the applicant does not hold at least Bachelors degree completed in any English speaking countries)
Refusal of Entry Clearance or Refusal of Leave to Remain or ILR Application:
If the entry clearance application is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post or further / Indefinite leave to remain is refused from the UK, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision, in case of refusal of entry clearance or within 14 days from the date of service of decision in case of refusal of leave to remain or ILR application. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decisions. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in applying for Sole Representative of Overseas Business?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with Sole Representative (of Overseas Business) visa, further leave to remain and Indefinite leave to remain applications.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Sole Representative (of Overseas Business) visa under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for Sole Representative (of Overseas Business) and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated immigration matters including lodging Judicial review or obtaining injunction orders from the High Court.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
You can contact us at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Or in emergency we can be contacted at 07817897184.