Representatives of Overseas Media – Sole Representatives
This immigration category is for the already established businesses based overseas, who intend to send one of their senior employees to either open a branch office in the UK or a wholly owned subsidiary of the overseas business or for the overseas media to send their representatives on short / long term assignments. There are no restrictions on the nature of businesses that could sponsor one of their employees to come to the UK in order to open a branch office or a wholly owned subsidiary. I
In fact, for any business based overseas wishing to extend their setup in the EEA market and plan to open their business in the UK, we can help realize their proposed business venture and have got good experience in dealing in such applications.
Overseas Media Employees
This category is for those employees of the overseas established media i.e. overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation being posted on a long-term assignment as a representative of their overseas employer. The applicant needs to provide documentary evidences to establish:
- The physical and trading existence of the parent company
- That he / she has been recruited and employed by the parent company outside the UK
- That he / she does not intend to take any other employment
- That he / she will be based mainly in the UK and working on a long term assignment.
- That he / she will be able to meet the maintenance and accommodation requirement
- That he / she will be able to meet the minimum English language requirement
Examples of the employees who can be appointed as Sole Representatives of Overseas Media may be journalists, news cameraman, front-of-camera personnel etc.
Number of Representatives Overseas Media Companies
Immigration rules allow the parent company (Overseas media companies) to appoint more than one representative on this visa category.
English Language Requirement
Unless the applicant is a national of a majority English speaking country or has at least Bachelor’s degree from English speaking country, he or she needs to provide evidence that he / she has passed an approved English language test at A1 level .
Extension of Sole Representatives
Sole representatives of overseas media companies may apply for extension of their visas provided they can establish that:
- They only intend to work for the same employer in the same job as their entry clearance was granted for
- They can maintain and accommodate themselves and their dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
- They are still required by the employer for the same position.
- They have fully complied with the immigration rules during their residence in the UK as Sole Representatives of Overseas Media
For extension applications, we recommend to have a detailed advice right from the beginning instead of panicking in the last month of the expiry of visas.
Validity of Visa
Entry clearance is granted for a maximum of three years which can be extended for another two years while remaining in the UK provided the applicant is able to meet the extension requirements of this visa category.
Indefinite Leave To Remain Application
Upon completion of 5 years in the UK on this category the applicant may apply for ILR provided he fulfils the relevant requirements of the immigration rules which are:
- The applicant has been in the UK on this visa for a continuous period of five years
- The applicant complied with the immigration rules and requirements throughout those five years
- The parent company still requires the applicant’s services
- Life in the UK test
- English language B1 certificate (if the applicant does not hold at least Bachelors degree completed in any English speaking countries)
Refusal of Entry Clearance or Refusal of Leave to Remain or ILR Application:
If the entry clearance application is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post or further / Indefinite leave to remain is refused from the UK, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision, in case of refusal of entry clearance or within 14 days from the date of service of decision in case of refusal of leave to remain or ILR application. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decisions. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in applying for Sole Representative of Overseas Media Company?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with Sole Representative (of Overseas Media Company) visa, further leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain applications.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your Sole Representative (of Overseas Media Company) visa under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for Sole Representative (of Overseas Media Company) and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated immigration matters including lodging Judicial review or obtaining injunction orders from the High Court.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
You can contact us at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Or in emergency we can be contacted at 07817897184.