This immigration category is for the already established businesses based overseas, who intend to send one of their senior employees to either open a branch office in the UK or a wholly owned subsidiary of the overseas business or for the overseas media to send their representatives on short / long term assignments.
There are no restrictions on the nature of businesses that could sponsor one of their employees to come to the UK in order to open a branch office or a wholly owned subsidiary.
In fact, for any business based overseas wishing to extend their setup in the EEA market and plan to open their business in the UK, we can help realize their proposed business venture and have got good experience in dealing in such applications.
This category is for the Representatives for the overseas established media i.e. overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation being posted on a long-term assignment as a representative of their overseas employer. The Representatives for overseas media needs to provide documentary evidences to establish:
- The physical and trading existence of the overseas media (parent company)
- That the Representative for overseas media has been recruited and employed by the overseas media (parent company) outside the UK
- That the Representative for overseas media does not intend to take any other employment
- That the Representative for overseas media will be based mainly in the UK and working on a long term assignment
- That the Representative for overseas media will be able to meet the maintenance and accommodation requirement
- That the Representative for overseas media will be able to meet the minimum English language requirement
Examples of the employees who can be appointed as Representatives of Overseas Media may be journalists, news cameraman, front-of-camera personnel etc.
Immigration rules allow the parent company (Overseas media companies) to appoint more than one representative on this visa category.
Unless the applicant is a national of a majority English speaking country or has at least Bachelor’s degree from English speaking country, the prospective candidate of Representative of overseas media needs to provide evidence that he / she has passed an approved English language test at A1 level.
Representatives of overseas media companies may apply for extension of their visas provided it can be established that:
- The sole representative intends to work for the same employer in the same job as his entry clearance was granted for
- The sole representative can maintain and accommodate himself and his dependents adequately without recourse to public funds
- The sole representative is still required by the employer for the same position
- The sole representative has fully complied with the immigration rules during his residence in the UK as Sole Representatives of Overseas Media
For extension applications for Representatives of overseas media, we recommend to have a detailed advice right from the beginning instead of panicking in the last month of the expiry of visas.
Entry clearance is granted for a maximum of three years which can be extended for another two years while remaining in the UK provided the applicant is able to meet the extension requirements of this visa category.
Upon completion of 5 years in the UK on this category the Sole Representative may apply for ILR provided he fulfills the relevant requirements of the immigration rules which are:
- The Sole Representative has been in the UK on this visa for a continuous period of five years
- The Sole Representative complied with the immigration rules and requirements throughout those five years
- The parent company still requires the Sole Representative’s services
- Life in the UK test
- English language B1 certificate (if the applicant does not hold at least Bachelors degree completed in any English speaking countries)
If the entry clearance application is refused by the ECO (visa officer) in the overseas British Diplomatic post or further / Indefinite leave to remain is refused from the UK, the Sole Representative will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 28 days of the date of service of decision, in case of refusal of entry clearance or within 14 days from the date of service of decision in case of refusal of leave to remain or ILR application. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decisions. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
Our Immigration Solicitors can expeditiously deal with your immigration matters by advising on the merits of visa applications, required documentation and relevant procedures.
Mr. Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Our Immigration Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your immigration matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers:
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss the details about your immigration matter, assessing the merits and advise you on the law, procedure and other requirements for the whole process.
- Our immigration solicitors shall keep you updated on the progress of your immigration matters and advise on any procedures involved and give time estimates and merits throughout the pendency of your immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors shall also advise on alternative immigration options where you may be eligible to switch into which may be more beneficial.
- Our immigration solicitors are based in central London (EC2Y 9ST) and are therefore based in convenient access of clients from all over London and even from outside London.
- Our immigration solicitors are specialist immigration solicitors who are able to handle all types of immigration work including entry clearance applications, further leave to remain applications, Indefinite Leave to remain applications, Immigration Appeals, Judicial Reviews, EEA applications, Settled and Pre-settled applications, Immigration bail applications and other complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors are one of the best immigration solicitors in London as several of our clients have stated in their reviews of our services.
- Our immigration solicitors have teamed up with the best immigration barristers in and outside London who are immigration specialists and well equipped to represent our clients in any complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors charge on an agreed basis (except Judicial Review matters) which is competitive and never surprise you for any other hidden fees or costs involved.
Our Immigration Solicitors are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you will be in safe hands.