ILR for Representatives of Overseas Media / Business
Upon completion of 5 years in the UK on this category the applicant may apply for ILR provided he fulfils the relevant requirements of the immigration rules which are:
- The applicant has been in the UK on this visa for a continuous period of five years
- The applicant complied with the immigration rules and requirements throughout those five years
- The parent company still requires the applicant’s services
- Life in the UK test
- English language B1 certificate (if the applicant does not hold at least Bachelors degree completed in any English speaking countries)
There are a number of documents that are required to establish that the applicant has fully complied with all the requirements of this visa and it requires really good experience to handle this application.
English Language Knowledge for ILR
You can prove English language requirements by having either:
- an English qualification at B1.
- a degree taught or researched in English
- national of an English-speaking country
The requirement of English Language knowledge is exempt in cases when applicants are aged 65 or over or is unable to due to disabilities or is a citizen of countries that are exempt from.
Life in the UK Test for ILR
Another important part of fulfilling the knowledge of language and life requires you to pass the Life in the UK test.
The test is required under the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 and taken in order to test the knowledge of British life and sufficient proficiency in the English language.
The home office has become quite generous in allowing absences for this visa but the applicant needs to provide reason of all such absences in the last 5 years.
Administrative Review / Judicial Review
Refusal of ILR Application:
If the ILR application is refused by the Home office, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 14 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decisions. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in making ILR application on the basis of completing 5 years on Sole Representative Visa?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with making ILR application on the basis of completing 5 years on Sole Representative Visa, further leave to remain and Indefinite leave to remain applications.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your ILR application on the basis of completing 5 years on Sole Representative (of Overseas Business) visa under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for ILR on the basis of Sole Representative visa and advise you on the required documents and procedure.
- Our Immigration Lawyers have teamed up with the best Immigration Barristers in and out of London who are well equipped to advise on any complicated immigration matters including lodging Judicial review or obtaining injunction orders from the High Court.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
You can contact us at 0203 514 2536 or firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Or in emergency we can be contacted at 07817897184.