Upon completion of 5 years in the UK on this category the applicant may apply for ILR provided he fulfills the relevant requirements of the immigration rules which are:
- The applicant has been in the UK on this visa for a continuous period of five years
- The applicant complied with the immigration rules and requirements throughout those five years
- The overseas employer (parent company) still requires the applicant’s services
- Life in the UK test
- English language B1 certificate (if the applicant does not hold at least Bachelors degree completed in any English speaking countries)
There are a number of documents that are required to establish that the applicant has fully complied with all the requirements of this visa and it requires really good experience to handle this application.
You can prove English language requirements by having either:
- An English qualification at B1
- A degree taught or researched in English
- National of an English-speaking country
The requirement of English Language knowledge is exempt in cases when applicants are aged 65 or over or is unable to due to disabilities or is a citizen of countries that are exempt from.
Another important part of fulfilling the knowledge of language and life requires you to pass the Life in the UK test.
The test is required under the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 and taken in order to test the knowledge of British life and sufficient proficiency in the English language.
The home office has become quite generous in allowing absences for this visa but the applicant needs to provide reason of all such absences in the last 5 years.
If the ILR application is refused by the Home office, the applicant will be given a right of review of the decision that must be exercised within 14 days of the date of service of decision. There will not be any general right of appeal against any such decisions. If the administrative review also fails, the matter then can be taken to the Upper Tribunal by lodging judicial review proceedings.
Our Immigration Solicitors can expeditiously deal with your immigration matters by advising on the merits of visa applications, required documentation and relevant procedures.
Mr. Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Our Immigration Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your immigration matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers:
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss the details about your immigration matter, assessing the merits and advise you on the law, procedure and other requirements for the whole process.
- Our immigration solicitors shall keep you updated on the progress of your immigration matters and advise on any procedures involved and give time estimates and merits throughout the pendency of your immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors shall also advise on alternative immigration options where you may be eligible to switch into which may be more beneficial.
- Our immigration solicitors are based in central London (EC2Y 9ST) and are therefore based in convenient access of clients from all over London and even from outside London.
- Our immigration solicitors are specialist immigration solicitors who are able to handle all types of immigration work including entry clearance applications, further leave to remain applications, Indefinite Leave to remain applications, Immigration Appeals, Judicial Reviews, EEA applications, Settled and Pre-settled applications, Immigration bail applications and other complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors are one of the best immigration solicitors in London as several of our clients have stated in their reviews of our services.
- Our immigration solicitors have teamed up with the best immigration barristers in and outside London who are immigration specialists and well equipped to represent our clients in any complex immigration matters.
- Our immigration solicitors charge on an agreed basis (except Judicial Review matters) which is competitive and never surprise you for any other hidden fees or costs involved.
Our Immigration Solicitors are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you will be in safe hands.