Adult Dependent Relative
If you are a British Citizen, a person having ILR or Humanitarian Protection or Refugee leave and wish to invite your brother or sister or a child above 18 years of age to join you in the UK on long term basis, they need to make an entry clearance application from the country of their origin and provide all the necessary documents relevant to this application. There are several requirements that need to be met to qualify for this visa and even a minor mistake or absence of a necessary document may result in the refusal of the application.
Who can apply for adult dependent relative visa?
On 24 May 2017, the Court of Appeal upheld the lawfulness of the adult dependent relatives Rules in Britcits v The Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 368. The judgement in this case lists the requirements for the applicant and the requirements for the Sponsor to be met in order to apply for Adult Dependent Relative Visa.
Requirements for the Applicant for Adult Dependent Relative visa
– The applicant must be the brother or sister or son or daughter above 18 years of age, of a British Citizen or a person having ILR or a person having refugee leave or a person having Humanitarian Protection leave.
– The applicant must be above 18 years of age
– The applicant`s sponsor must be above 18 years of age
– The applicant must require long term personal care as a result of age, disability or illness.
– And such care cannot be provided in their home country, even through practical and financial help of the sponsor
Requirements for the Sponsor in Adult dependent relative visa applications
The sponsor needs to provide evidences that the applicant would be maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds and would require providing an undertaking confirming this.
Once the application is approved, the applicant is given Indefinite Leave to Enter provided that the sponsor is either a British Citizen or a person having settled status in the UK.
How long you can stay in the UK with an Adult Dependent Relative Visa?
If you applied to join a family member who is a British National or a settled person in the UK, you do not need to apply to extend your stay.
On the other hand if you are relying on your sponsor who is a family member with a refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK then you will need to apply to extend your stay.
How our Immigration Solicitors can help you in making an application for Adult Dependent Relative visa?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers can expeditiously deal with the applications for Adult Dependent relatives Visa.
Mr Intisar Chauhan, Principal Solicitor at Chauhan Solicitors, is an expert Immigration Solicitor in London who has been dealing with UK Immigration Laws since 2003. Immigration Lawyers at Chauhan Solicitors shall provide you with best possible Immigration advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your adult dependent relative visa matter under direct supervision of Mr Chauhan. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from our Immigration lawyers;
- We are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection that means our client’s information is confidential and safe with Chauhan Solicitors.
- Our Immigration offices are centrally and conveniently located in Wandsworth, south west London (SW17) near Tooting Bec Tube and Tooting Broadway stations on Northern Line, offering our clients easy access to our offices. Our Immigration lawyers are within just 20 minutes away from central London by tube.
- Our existing and former clients believe that we provided them value for money and that they can trust us with their immigration applications to the Home Office, Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals, Judicial Review applications etc. You may find our client’s review in the Testimonial section on our website or on Google.
- Our Immigration Lawyers shall discuss your Application for Adult Dependent Relative and advise you on the required documents.
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter, for this matter our clients can log on our website and keep a close eye to the progress of their immigration matter at any time.
- Our fees are competitive, and we charge you in your immigration matters on agreed fee basis.
- We shall never surprise you with hidden charges/fees.
At Chauhan Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their applications for Adult Dependent Relative visa’s. We are just a phone call or an email away and are available at 0203 514 2536 or email@example.com and once in contact, be assured that you are in safe hands.